Criminal and traffic cases can be more complex than they seem, and if you are in the hands of an inexperienced attorney who does not know what he or she is doing, you can end up with awful results. You don't have to worry about that with me. I've been practicing in Charlotte for over 20 years. My practice is focused entirely on traffic violations, misdemeanors, and felony charges. Some attorneys try to practice in several areas of the law, but I concentrate on one area only so that I can maintain the highest level of expertise in my field.
Every case is different, but my approach to every case is the same get the best result for each and every client. I am well-known among prosecutors, judges, and courtroom personnel, and that familiarity and experience, I believe, gives me an edge when I work on your case. When you hire an attorney, you want to feel confident that you're in good hands and that you have somebody working for you and giving your case the attention it deserves. I'll give you that confidence.
Call our office and come in for a free initial consultation. When you leave, I guarantee you'll know exactly where you are in the court process, and either I or my staff will answer any questions you may have about what to expect next.
If you are interested a little background about me, I am a North Carolina native. I attended Charlotte Country Day, and then Duke University, where I was proudly the mascot for the Blue Devils. I received a scholarship to attend law school at Mercer University in Georgia. I enjoy spending time with my two wonderful kids. I was extremely active in their school and sports activities, both as a volunteer for the schools and as a softball/baseball coach for many years.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law 50%
- DUI/DWI and Traffic Violations 50%
- North Carolina, 1984
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1991
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 1984
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- B.S. - 1980
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Weinstein & Sturges, Associate, 1987 to 1990
- Erdman, Boggs & Harkins, Associate, 1984 to 1987
- Kappa Alpha