With our firm on your side, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. We can help save your driver's license and make sure you can move forward with your everyday life.
North Carolina has some of the harshest penalties for driving while impaired. In recent years, DWI laws have grown stricter and will likely continue to move toward tighter restrictions. As public opinion campaigns increasingly incite strong stances against drinking while driving, prosecutors have also begun to take DWI cases more and more seriously.
A conviction for DWI can lead to a broad range of penalties. Depending on the level of offense — and any priors you may have — you could face jail time, hefty fines and the installation of an ignition interlock device. On top of the criminal penalties, your driving privileges may also be impacted by a DWI arrest. You could face suspension or revocation of your driver's license.
Why You Need An Attorney
In DWI cases, as in all criminal cases, the state has an experienced team of professionals on its side. Prosecutors, law enforcement officers and investigators will all work together to build a case against you. You, too, deserve a strong advocate who will stand up for your rights.
At The Law Office of Kevin L. Barnett in Charlotte, our DWI lawyer has more than 30 years of experience in criminal law. We devote our practice 100 percent to criminal defense. We have the skills, knowledge and experience to provide sound legal guidance for clients facing DWI charges.
How We Can Help
Our firm handles all aspects of DWI defense, including:
- Repeat DWI offenses: If you have a prior record, you could face more significant penalties. Professional legal help is critical for those charged with a second or subsequent DWI offense.
- Field sobriety tests: We will examine all aspects of your case — including field sobriety tests — to determine whether they were legally justified and properly conducted.
- Blood and Breathalyzer tests: Our lawyer will analyze whether the blood or Breathalyzer results can be suppressed (deemed inadmissible) due to lack of sufficient legal grounds.
- Underage DWI: For those under 21, a DWI conviction can derail your driving privileges and your future. We can help you navigate the process and mitigate the consequences.
- DMV hearings: DWI arrests impact your driver's license. We can help you protect your driving privileges and minimize the ramifications.
With our firm on your side, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands.
Contact Us | Free Consultation
Get peace of mind knowing an experienced legal advocate is on your side. Take advantage of a free consultation by contacting us. With an office in Charlotte, we serve clients throughout Buncombe County and Western North Carolina.
Language translation services are available by request. Hablamos español.